I've seen this question over and over: "What is the best bag for needlepoint projects?". I'm here to spill my favorite brand: Stoney Clover Lane.
(Side note: this is NOT in any way sponsored. I've bought all their products myself & honestly love every single one of them.)
Stoney Clover Lane is an accessories brand started by two sisters: Libby and Kendall. I've followed them on Instagram for awhile and recently they've blown up! They're most known for their bags, pouches, and patches. They have two stores: one in Palm Beach and one in the Hamptons. What I love most is that the company was started by two smart young women. I own plenty Stoney Clover and can say it's very high quality.
Here's why I love it:
- Their bags are perfect for travel and are easy to throw in a larger bag.
- You can customize your bag with their adorable patches.
- High quality materials.
- Perfect for needlepoint - and everyday.
- Clear bags and pouches help you see which project is in which bag.
- Easy to clean, yet protective.
- *Side note, their bags are better sized for smaller projects and carrying needlepoint tools & accessories.
Canvas Featured: Chill Pill
Need I say more? One of my favorite things about Stoney Clover is that their bags and pouches are versatile. It can store a needlepoint project, but when you're finished you can use it as a clutch or a pouch for storage. They're cute enough to be worn out instead of just being hidden in a bag. Most of their items can be customized. If you like to travel lightly - pack a needlepoint project into a pouch and then use the pouch as a clutch at night!
Here's what I own:
- Monogram Duffle (the perfect airplane carry-on since it fits under the seat)
- Clear Small Pouches (White is in stock, Hot Pink is old)
- Flat Pouches (Turquoise is in stock, Navy is in stock here)
- Large Essential Pouch (in color Sand)
- Cell Phone Envelope (perfect for an ID + Credit Card if you don't want to carry a purse)
- Patches - Rose, Champagne, Letters (I think a bag with the letters "NDLPT" would be perf)
So, which is the best for needlepoint projects? Personally, I think that any of their clear pouches are best for needlepoint because you can easily see your needlepoint canvas and thread. However, I like to have some that are not clear in case I'm working on a project with "bad words" or something I want to keep secret.
Best Pouches and Bags for Needlepoint Projects:
- Clear Mini Pouch: for scissors, needles, and thread
- Clear Flat Pouch: for small canvases + thread and accessories
- Clear Open Top Pouch: a bit larger for extra thread
- Stadium Approved Bag: if you want to stitch through a sporting event
- Woven Flat Striped Pouch: a little more chic
- Flat Pouch: for stitching on your next vacation
Any Stoney Clover Lane product makes for a perfect gift for bridesmaids, family members, friends, or fellow needlepoint addicts. Just think how CUTE a pouch would be with patches that spell out "NDLPT"! I'm also tempted to stitch an ornament and have it sewn onto one of their woven clutches because I love them so much. If you're stuck at what to order, their Instagram has so much great inspiration.
More Stoney Clover Lane that I love:
Lol, I think I've said enough about them now to have you convinced! If I missed something or you have any other questions, feel free to message me on Instagram or email me at email@example.com. If you have a Stoney Clover Lane product, let me know in the comments below!
Some links may be affiliate links. This means I make a small commission on anything you buy through the links. It doesn't cost you anything. Thank you for using my links; they help me continue to design and sell full time!Continue reading