I'm so excited to announce our "Scenes of Summer" Launch for tomorrow, August 8th, at 7pm EST! We're launching 8 new canvases (all on 13 mesh) and 3 new accessories.
I feel like I've truly been away from Florida more than I've been home lately - and that's not an exaggeration! August is SO hot in South Florida so I've been escaping the heat and traveling as far North as possible. I spent last weekend in Nantucket & I'm headed back up to New England this upcoming weekend.
Since I knew this was the "Summer of Travel", I wanted to create a collection of canvases that were easy to take with you anywhere you went. I focused on smaller, 13-mesh canvases that you could throw in a carry-on, a kit bag that doubles as a wristlet, & fun, matching accessories. I also wanted a hint of nostalgia in some of these canvases (I'll explain what I mean more later), but I wanted to capture that feeling of excitement that you had for summer vacation as a child - where the days felt endless and the world truly was your oyster.
You'll find that the "Scenes of Summer" collection focuses on some of my favorite summer elements ranging from: New England scenes, cocktail hours on the porches or back decks or beaches, and throwbacks to summer vacations as a child.
For this launch, every design will be available as an individual canvas or as a kit option but they will be on 1 product page. If you purchase a kit, these kits will come with our blue rope travel wristlet instead of our seersucker bag.
Here's what we're launching:
Shell Me About It
Shell Me About It is inspired by my summer transition from childhood-adult life. It was initially inspired by those plastic shell bracelets that I would get on beach vacations as a child (see below), but as I was painting it, I realized how much it reminded me of Florida and some of my first independent summers on my own. The colors remind me of the water, the sunsets, and the palm trees.
Shell Me About It is approximately 5.2" inches tall by 7.5" inches wide on 13 mesh. It will be available as a canvas for $90 or as a kit for $180 with Silk & Ivory.
La Plage Lighthouse, Woven Whale Basket, and Hydrangea Haven
- La Plage Lighthouse is approximately 3.6" tall by 2" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $72 with Milan.
- Woven Whale Basket is approximately 3" tall by 2.75" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $71 with Milan.
- Hydrangea Haven is approximately 1.75" tall by 3.25" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $75 with Milan.
Acrylic Needle Threaders
I also created matching acrylic needle threaders to match the canvases above. I have been using them for several weeks now to test them and I LOVE them - they're super durable and adorable. These are made directly from my illustrations that I use to create canvases, so it's like looking at a real piece of art.
Each needle threader will be $15 and they are named the same as the canvases. Both sides of the threader will come covered with a protective layer of film that can be removed when received.
- Woven Whale Basket Acrylic Needle Threader is approximately 2.4" tall by 2.1" wide.
- Hydrangea Haven Acrylic Needle Threader is approximately 1.5" tall by 2.25" wide.
- La Plage Lighthouse Acrylic Needle Threader is approximately 2.25" tall by 1.2" wide.
Cocktail Silhouette Series
While I have so many cocktail canvases, I don't have that many that are simple or great for beginners (or any that are on 13 mesh!) I wanted to go back to super simple forms of cocktails and make 4" square coasters that would be great for beginners or more experienced stitchers looking to play with color, stitches, creating backgrounds, or self-finishing.
I thought these would fit perfectly into my Scenes of Summer Series because there's nothing I love more than a cold cocktail on a back porch of a beach house in an Adirondack chair while the sun sets, freshly showered after a long day in the sun.
- Martini Silhouette is approximately 3.75" tall by 2.3" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $75 with Milan and Silk Lame Braid.
- Old Fashioned Silhouette is approximately 2.75" tall by 2.5" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $72 with Milan and Silk Lame Braid.
- Champagne Silhouette is approximately 3.5" tall by 1.15" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $68 with Milan and Silk Lame Braid.
- Margarita Silhouette is approximately 3.4" tall by 2.35" wide on 13 mesh with 4" square corner markings. It will be available as a canvas for $50 and a kit for $70 with Milan and Silk Lame Braid.
A few more details...
- We have welcomed a new Virtual Assistant to our MJD team! Our newest member, Caroline, will be helping on our social media team if you see a new name around. We are so happy to have her!
- We are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
- Orders over $200 in the US will ship for free!
- We've updated our shipping policies so that accessory orders $30 and under are available to ship with $4 USPS Shipping.
- We do ship internationally, but we suggest our international customers look into ShopandShip.com or MyUS.com. These companies offer cheaper international shipping!
- We cannot retroactively apply discount codes.
- I will be out of office from August 11th-August 20th, so all orders placed between this time will ship on August 21st!
If you have any extra questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you are excited for this launch!