We've made a few changes to our shipping prices that we wanted to update you all on.
Updates on Shipping Speed
Due to the virus, shipping has been extremely delayed. We typically ship with USPS and it's currently taking about 5-7 days for USPS to scan in and move the packages from our local office. We're not happy with this delay and understand that it's frustrating for you all as well. We're really sorry about those orders that have been impacted and please know we're doing everything we can on our end to get these out to you asap.
We kindly ask that after you receive your email with tracking, please allow up to 1 week for that to update/move. If it still hasn't moved within 1 week of getting your tracking email, please email us at email@example.com and we will look into this.
Due to this delay, we are currently moving most of our business towards UPS. They seem to be moving our packages faster than USPS. The only downside is that it is a bit more expensive. We've had to increase our standard shipping by $3.
We are going to give this a try over the next few weeks and see how it goes. This change may be temporary or it may be permanent, but we know that for you all to get your orders that we need to move away from USPS for the time being.
One important thing to note: we are moving away from shipping to P.O. boxes. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes. We ask that you please have it shipped to a residential address.
Here is our new updated shipping rates and changes for domestic shipping:
- Orders under $24 can qualify for $5 shipping. These is for our smaller items such as needle minders, scissors, stickers, and needle threaders. These will be shipped via USPS First Class. There will be a tracking number but there won't be insurance. You may purchase a different shipping option if your order is under $24, but these orders are the only ones that will qualify for $5 shipping.
- Orders over $24 qualify for $8 shipping via UPS Ground. This contains tracking and insurance. UPS Ground typically delivers between 2-6 days. We ask that you please allow a few extra days for delivery during this time. You can choose this shipping for any order, but this is now our standard shipping.
- Orders over $150 ship free. We will be shipping these via UPS Ground.
- Expedited shipping will be currently unavailable. Shipping carriers (UPS and USPS) are not guaranteeing any specific delivery time frame due to the virus, so we don't want to offer this shipping speed because we're not sure that they can meet the demand. We will be bringing this back as soon as we see shipping times improve.
- We still offer international shipping. The price will depend on the country that you're shipping to and the package weight.
- We are currently recommending that our international customers look into a service called ShopandShip.com or MyUS.com. These services give international customers a United States shipping address. You insert your US address at checkout and can qualify for our domestic shipping prices. Your package gets shipped to your US address & either one of these companies will send it to your international address. They have discounted shipping rates based on size and weight (way cheaper than I could ever provide). It might not be available in every country and it may take a bit longer, but it looks to be significantly cheaper than what I can provide.
I always find it hard to raise shipping prices because I know it's not a fun service to pay for. However, I want your orders to get to you quickly and safely so I truly feel that this is the best decision at this moment. We have never (and will never) make a profit off of shipping costs. We try to keep it as affordable as we can to our customers.
Thank you for always supporting me and my small business. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com